Do More. Care More. Be More.
menu

Club History

We are pround to be celebrating 80 years of service in the Greensboro Community!!

The Pilot Club of Greensboro was chartered May 18, 1937 with 22 businesswomen installed as Pilots.  Our club is part of the North Carolina District of Pilot International. Our motto is "True Course Ever" .

Through the decades, our country has changed and so has the Pilot Club of Greensboro; however, SERVICE to our community has always been our primary goal.

We started the first home bound teaching program for the City schools, hiring and paying the first teacher.  We furnished a room at Peace haven, a home for alcoholic women.  We have assisted the Greensboro Chapter of the Epilepsy Association, the Alzheimer's Association, and many others throughout the years.  We are proud to have started Lifeline at Moses Cone Hospital in 1983.  Pilots coordinated and helped pay for, install, and maintain over 200 units.  This program was turned over to the hospital in 1990,